About the Opportunity:
The Developer Relations Manager will sit within our Marketing department and work closely with our Director of Marketing to represent Scout APM to the developer community. This is a unique opportunity for a developer who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing SaaS startup, and enjoys engaging, supporting, enabling, and building relationships with an international developer audience. The ideal candidate will be a developer at heart who shares a passion for content and communication, and is interested in using that unique background to connect with developers and foster community while driving reach and adoption of the Scout APM platform.
This is a full time, remote position with a strong preference for candidates based in the greater Denver area.
About the Company:
Scout APM is a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup specializing in the development and sale of an application performance monitoring tool that helps developers quickly pinpoint the cause of performance issues in their web applications. We pride ourselves on strong, developer-first product development and top-notch support. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, highly creative, international, and dynamic environment to maximize your talents and expand your expertise, then we might be the place for you.
- Represent Scout APM to the developer community and the developer community to our internal team by speaking with, observing, listening to, and engaging with developers all over the world
- Build strong relationships with our growing community of developers through the day-to-day management of advocacy, support, education, and content distribution initiatives
- Manage Scout APM’s presence across developer-centric communities and forums by monitoring and responding to community questions, engaging in brand-relevant threads, maintaining FAQs and documentation, etc.
- Support the production of developer-centric blog posts, documentation, how-to articles, tutorials, etc.
- Document and analyze community feedback/sentiment in a structured way to inform marketing messaging, sales outreach, product development, and customer success
Background & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years of experience in web application development
- Exceptional organization with the ability to manage complex initiatives across multiple contributors
- Demonstrated experience participating in online and offline developer communities (e.g. open source platforms, forums, blogs, conferences, hackathons, meetups, etc.)
- Experience with community management, social media management, content generation, and public speaking
- Experience translating complex technical concepts into clear and concise narratives
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- An analytical mindset that enjoys operating at the intersection of community and technology
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships with virtual teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with developer tools a strong plus
- Experience in a start-up SaaS environment a strong plus