We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us drive our growth and build a transformational new product line to challenge all the legacy competitors in the DevOps observability market!
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced leader who can outline a product vision, work with our CTO and development engineers to translate the vision into a roadmap, and work with clients to iterate and drive changes to the roadmap to capture an enormous new market opportunity. We expect product-led growth in this new product line to be the driver of our company strategy for the next few years, and this role will be setting that strategy and driving the execution functionally across the business.
As our Senior Product Manager, you'll lead the build out of our new Open Telemetry product line. You'll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key product features focused on providing clients with full stack observability based on the new OTel standards. Success will require you to partner deeply with early clients, have a deep knowledge of the observability market evolution, and a keen awareness of how the Open Source communities are driving OTel and the implications for new and legacy product solutions.
Specifically, you will
- Work with our CTO and Development teams to prioritize and implement new features and experiments to accelerate the build out of a new product line, with a focus on client adoption, feedback and revenue growth
- Determine the optimal pricing and monetization strategy for the new product - including evaluation of all the options of consumption based, seat based, and feature based pricing.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop marketing strategy to establish leadership in the new OTel observability category.
- Own the competitive marketing position and strategy, and be the top advocate of competitive intelligence due to your focus on installing and understanding competitive solutions and studying their evolution and positioning
- Define and test, and retest, the ideal client profile, working closely with sales and and marketing to hone on in key ICP elements for this new market and set of DevOps decision makers.
- Work closely with our Marketing leader to define, test and iterate on messaging, positioning, and all key elements of the go-to-market strategy.
- Work closely with the development team to engage deeply with clients to test concepts, ideas, UI designs, and feature set combinations to delight clients and their key users.
- Work closely with the Sales team to help them get up to speed on the new product line, and ensure they have the knowledge and skills to be successful reaching out and attracting new clients for the product line.
- Create a compelling product vision. You also will be selling and representing the product to internal key stakeholders and clients. Representing the product externally at conferences, clients and industry analysts.
- Developing a product, portfolio strategy and plans. Deciding on the future direction and priorities for the products. Publishing and maintaining the vision, strategy and goals of the product roadmap for internal and external stakeholders
- Developing pricing strategy and tactics. Competitive pricing analysis, cost analysis and gathering client insight on pricing. Setting and communicating pricing strategy.
We're looking for an ambitious, team oriented Senior Product Manager who thrives in a high-velocity, high-growth, small and mighty team. Please apply if you have:
- Worked in a product management or growth role for 7+ years
- Experience owning a roadmap, prioritizing features, and writing specs to clearly articulate requirements for engineers
- Worked on a sprint-based, test-driven growth team to deliver features that reduce churn, increase referrals, and improve activation
- Analyzed data using SQL and constructed dashboards for key product metrics like cohort-level activation, retention and engagement
- Worked on a product where product-led growth is the main growth channel
- Lead product management on a new product from inception through launch in a new adjacent category.
Skills that make you extraordinary
- Deep, experience-driven intuition around product-led growth strategies for SaaS and DevOps and Observability products
- A high-output, iterative, collaborative approach to learning what resonates with potential customers
- A love of data, working to design awesome products with great UI/UX
- Clear, precise written and verbal communication skills
- 7-10+ in a Product Management role
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DevOps and/or developer tools market and competitors
- Understanding of Open Source communities and OTel evolution
- Experience in end to end product management
- Commercial acumen for pricing & packaging financial modeling and insights
- MBA preferred
Why Scout APM?
Scout APM is a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup specializing in the development and sale of an application performance monitoring tool that helps developers quickly pinpoint the cause of performance issues in their web applications. We pride ourselves on strong, developer-first product development and top-notch support. We respect our team members and our customers, and we take pride in our work.
Our core values are: Respect, Transparency, Accountability, Continuous Learning, and People & Community Focus.
Some of our benefits include:
- Generous Health, dental & vision insurance
- Generous unlimited PTO policy
- 401K program
- A focus on work-life balance
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, highly creative, and dynamic environment to maximize your talents and expand your expertise, then we might be the place for you.