Full Time | Remote, Denver/Boulder-Based Preferred
About the Opportunity:
The Community Manager will sit within our Marketing department and work closely with our Director of Marketing to represent Scout APM to a developer community. This is a unique opportunity for a community-driven professional who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing SaaS startup, and enjoys engaging, supporting, enabling, and building relationships with an international developer audience. The ideal candidate will be a developer at heart who shares a passion for content and communication, and is interested in using that unique background to connect with developers and foster community while driving reach and adoption of the Scout APM platform.
This is a full time, remote position with a strong preference for candidates based in the greater Denver area.
About the Company:
Scout is a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup specializing in the development and sale of an application performance monitoring tool that helps developers quickly pinpoint the cause of performance issues in their web applications. We pride ourselves on strong, developer-first product development and top-notch support. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, highly creative, international, and dynamic environment to maximize your talents and expand your expertise, then we might be the place for you.
- Coordinate Scout APM’s engagement with the developer community across social media, developer communities and forums, and software review sites including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Github, Stack Overflow, Bloomfire, Quora, G2, etc.
- Coordinate Scout APM’s presence across developer-centric communities and forums by monitoring and responding to community questions, engaging in brand-relevant threads, maintaining FAQs and documentation, etc.
- Copywrite social media posts and community forum responses in close collaboration with our Development, Customer Support, and Content Marketing departments
- Document and analyze community feedback/sentiment/industry trends in a structured way to inform marketing messaging, sales outreach, product development, and customer success
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Assist in the development and management of strategic partnership and event marketing
Background & Experience
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience. 2+ years in digital marketing for B2B SaaS preferred
- Exceptional organization with the ability to manage complex initiatives across multiple contributors
- Demonstrated experience with copywriting for a technical audience
- Experience with community management, social media management, content generation, and public speaking
- Experience translating complex technical concepts into clear and concise narratives
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or similar
- An analytical mindset that enjoys operating at the intersection of communications and technology
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships with virtual teams
- Strong ability to distill highly-technical information into marketable copy
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in a start-up SaaS environment a strong plus